Sunday 13 May 2012

2401 Objects

In 1953 Henry Molaison had part of his brain removed in an attempt to cure his epilepsy.  After the surgery he was unable to remember the last two years of his life, or form any new memories. He lived for another fifty five years.

In 2009 his brain was dissected live on the internet with an audience of 400,000, Henry having become one of the world's most important neurological case studies.

Henry's story was retold in '2401 Objects', an award winning play performed at the Dukes, Lancaster, last night.

It reminded me of everything I like about theatre: a good script, talented actors and innovative stage management.  A story told with insight and compassion, it moved me and made me think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long time, no see

I blame Facebook. And Twitter. And Whatsapp. Not to mention Cooking Fever and Candy Crush, both of which I've installed and deleted from...